IN STUDIO CLASSES
*Due to new restrictions, in studio classes are currently suspended.
We have returned to our full in studio class schedule as well as options of live stream and recorded classes.
We assure you that we are following all safety precautions and have implemented measures in order to ensure everyone’s safety.
In order to do this, please read through our new protocols before attending any in studio class offerings.
WHAT WE ARE DOING TO KEEP YOU SAFE:
• The number of people allowed in a class will be limited. We are following the physical distancing recommendations set out by AHS. When entering the studio space please look for the stickers on the floor of the studio and place your mat in the centre of these stickers. These are the new designated places for your mat. Please remember to align the corners of your mat with these stickers.
• You are responsible for bringing your own mat, props, water & towel. We will not have mats or towels available for rent nor will we have any props available for use at this time.
• Socks must be worn until you are on your mat, and put back on before getting off your mat to leave.
• We will not be offering adjustments/assists until it is safe to do so.
• We will have hand sanitizer available throughout the studio. Please make sure to sanitize your hand upon entering the studio.
• We are discouraging the use of our bathrooms and change-rooms. We will have one bathroom stall available for emergency use – if used, we ask that you use the disinfectant wipes provided to wipe down surfaces before and after. Showers are not available at this time.
• We are discouraging the use of our water fountain. Please bring a full water bottle to your class.
VERY IMPORTANT DETAILS:
• The class schedule and class sizes are limited. You will need to register online to hold your spot BEFORE arriving at the studio. We are limiting transactions at the studio. Teachers will be signing you into the class and transactions will be limited to 'touchless' as much as possible.
• As all classes are limited in size, please do not reserve a space you cannot attend, or cancel yourself out of the class if your circumstances change. If you sign up and do not attend, or cancel less than an hour prior to the start of class, you will still be charged for the class. This is for drop in passes as well as auto renew.
• The studio will be open 15 minutes before and after the class time. If you arrive earlier than that, please line up outside the studio and maintain social distancing. In the instance of back to back classes, for the second class, the doors will be opened 5 minutes before the start of class in order for us to sanitize between classes.
• We ask that you only bring what you need for class (mat/props/full water bottle/towel) and leave everything else at home.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO KEEP YOURSELF AND OTHERS SAFE:
• Please wash your hands frequently. Use the hand sanitizers throughout the studio space.
• When you enter the studio, please wait for your turn. Make your way to your designated area in the practice room and relax while you wait for your class to begin.
Do not enter the studio if you have been in contact with a suspected or confirmed case of Covid.
Please do not enter the studio if you have been tested for Covid and do not have your test results or have tested positive.
Please do not enter the studio if you have any of the core symptoms, (listed below), as per Alberta Health, and if you do Alberta Health requires you to self isolate for at least 10 days from the start of your symptoms or until they are gone, whichever is longer, or until you test negative for COVID-19.
Shortness of breath
Muscle or joint aches
Feeling unwell or fatigue
Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or unexplained loss of appetite
Conjunctivitis, also known as pink eye
As our in studio class is limited to 5 participants, please remove your footwear at the front door and place it on a shelf at the front door, along with your belongings, (mittens, jackets, scarves, etc.)
There is one shelf for each participant’s belongings.
These shelves are cleaned and sanitized between each class.
Once your class is completed, please exit the studio, in the reverse order you entered. Giving the person in front a moment to gather their belongings and safely exit the studio.
Similar to the upstairs studio, our downstairs participant numbers is limited to 3. If you are attending a class downstairs, please enter through the back door. Leave your footwear at the back door. Your outwear and belongings can be hung in the bathroom.
As above, Once your class is completed, please exit the studio, in the reverse order you entered. Giving the person in front a moment to gather their belongings and safely exit the studio.
Thank you for complying with our protocols and helping us stay safe.
Here's what you need to do to participate in our online classes:
Please sign in using your MindBody account and ensure that your MindBody profile has your correct email address, as that is how access to classes will be given.
In order to participate in live streamed classes, you must have an active auto pay membership or available passes. Regular rates still apply. Passes are available for purchase through MINDBODY app or over phone.
Please sign up a minimum of 15 minutes prior to the class. Prior to the scheduled start time, you will be sent a link to join the stream, so you are able to practice at home.
On the weekends, our instructors are working the desk as well as instructing your class, please join the link as soon as you are able so classes are able to begin on time.
If you do not intend to view the live stream, you must remove yourself from the class 1 hour prior to class starting to avoid being charged for the class.
We are using an online, user friendly video platform called Zoom, which allows our teachers to livestream their classes from wherever they choose.
If you plan on using your phone or tablet, head to the app store to download the free app. If you are using a laptop or desktop, you will need to go to the Zoom website, sign-up, and download the service. Each user will need to make sure to deactivate their microphones within the app, as well as their video feeds if they so choose, as feeds will be viewable by any other members partaking in the class.
Please bear with us through this, this is a new experience for all of us, and we'll do our best to continue bringing our great lineup of yoga to you daily
Prerecorded classes will be available after 9 pm of the day the class occurred.
Please sign up a minimum of 15 minutes preclass.
If no one signs up, in this preclass space, the class will not be recorded.
Recordings will be available for 4 days.
If there are no participants live-streamed or in studio, the class will not be recorded.
Please do not share the link or the class. This is our livelihood and we need your continued support to be able to support all of you.
This is a trial program. If we find it is not feasible or supportive for the studio, we will withdraw the program.
We understand that everyone has a different level of comfort given the current circumstances. We do hope that you will choose to come and practice with us again in person soon but for those of you are feeling unsure or anxious; perhaps the better choice right now is to do virtual classes, which will continue for the foreseeable future. We want you to be comfortable and have a good experience when you do choose to come back to the studio.
Any passes that were set to expire during our closure, will be extended the length of days we were closed. This date will be firm. (90 days)
Any passes bought before the studio reopens will be set to expire one year from the date the studio opens. These passes are still available to use online until we open.
Cancellation policy has been updated to one hour prior to class start time.
We are bringing our tea service back.
1. Please bring your own tea cup.
2. Place cup on front desk, and take a step away from the counter while our Energy staff pour your tea.
3. Let our staff step back, take your mug into the studio.
Please minimize your bathroom usage. The staff bathroom is open however, please only use in case of emergency.
If you are in a class downstairs, please, again use the downstairs facilities, in case of emergency.
Our bathrooms, even though currently indicated differently, have become gender neutral. Please ensure the stall door is locked when using.
Remaining in compliance with AHS protocols, as winter approaches means a change for us at the studio. PLEASE CONTINUE TO MINIMIZE BELONGINGS BROUGHT TO THE STUDIO. All winter wear, jackets, mittens, boots, scarves, etc., can be left on your shelf at the front door.