Hello Yogis! We are going virtual!
In light of the Government of Alberta's decision to close schools, as well as The Town of Strathmore declaring a State of Local Emergency, we will be taking measures to reduce contact.
With all governing bodies pushing forward with more intensive approaches to social distancing, we have decided to offer online alternatives.
Here's what you need to do to participate in our online classes:
Please sign in using your MindBody account and ensure that your MindBody profile has your correct email address, as that is how access to classes will be given.
In order to participate in live streamed classes, you must have an active auto pay membership or available passes. Regular rates still apply. Passes are available for purchase through MINDBODY app or over phone.
Please sign up a minimum of 15 minutes prior to the class. As 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time, you will be sent a link to join the stream, so you are able to practice at home.
If you do not intend to view the live stream, you must remove yourself from the class 15 minutes prior to class starting to avoid being charged for the class.
We are using an online, user friendly video platform called Zoom, which allows our teachers to livestream their classes from wherever they choose.
If you plan on using your phone or tablet, head to the app store to download the free app. If you are using a laptop or desktop, you will need to go to the Zoom website, sign-up, and download the service. Each user will need to make sure to deactivate their microphones within the app, as well as their video feeds if they so choose, as feeds will be viewable by any other members partaking in the class.
Please bear with us through this, this is a new experience for all of us, and we'll do our best to continue bringing our great lineup of yoga to you daily!
How to create the perfect space for your home practice:
1. Choose a room or area in your home that’s free of distractions (or almost free), a space for me-time
2. It’s much easier to practice on a hardwood or tiled floor than a carpet. You can hold your poses with sustained balance on a more even surface. Using a hardwood floor also reinforces your connection with the element of Earth.
3. Lighting should be calming and soft. A room with natural light energizes the body and mind, especially in winter, when many people lose Vitamin D by staying indoors. You’ll want to be able to control the flow and gradation of light to match your mood. Consider the use of candles or incandescent lighting, which are less harsh on the eyes. Do not underestimate lighting! It has a profound effect on your mood and your health.
4. You’ll want a warm room since yoga tends to slow down your metabolism. This makes you more prone to shivering, and shivering during a pose is not very zen. Though “hot” yoga, which sweats out toxins, utilizes a more sweltering temperature, even gentle yoga needs warmth. Consider a personal electric heater, with minimal sound distraction, for better temperature control.
5. Many practitioners like to smudge sage or use incense, but the accumulation of smoke may be an issue. Be sure the smoke has room to flow freely and will not set off a smoke detector. A diffuser with a blend of essential oils may be more subtle for the space and easier to switch up. If you use candles, match the scent to the mood or theme of your space.
6. Assemble props prior to the start of the practice to avoid disrupting your flow during class. We recommend a couple of folded blankets, cushions or pillows to provide necessary padding and support for various poses. Thick books can serve as blocks to make other poses more accessible. A belt or scarf can stand in for a yoga strap for a lovely stretch. Having a chair handy is also likely to be useful for various poses.
*Register for workshops online, in studio or by calling us!
**Workshop payments can only be credited to account with a 24 hour notice
Thank you for being a part of the Transcend Yoga & Wellness Community. Our community is one in which we value any and all things wellness. From the proper pass type to a good quality class and experience that will lay the foundation for your day. We aspire to ensure that you have the best possible experience. A part of our wellness perspective means creating a space of quiet, calm, and positive energy – a retreat of sorts. It is our aspiration to create this context for you. Also, we are feedback and client orientated so please feel free to share with your Transcend Yoga & Wellness Team!
Nurturing the Human Experience – once class, one pose, one breath at a time.
Expand your Experience